Audiobook: Mind Attentiveness
This short audio presentation by Dr Denis McBrinn and narrated by Caroline Cole, is designed to bring clear understanding of mind attentiveness or mindfulness to enhance your daily life, and to give you an opportunity to focus and reflect on the level of effective mind attentiveness or mindfulness currently in your life.
"Mr Duffy lived a short distance from his body." James Joyce
According to a Harvard University study, human minds are attentive about 53% of the time. For the other 47% we’re not paying attention to the present moment. Instead, we are thinking of something else - absent from our body. Like Mr Duffy, from the story in Joyce's "Dubliners", we don't always live in our body.
Our minds are easily detached and go back to the past or transport us to the future.